- Malta Institute of Accountants
Maria joined DFK Malta’s Audit team in November 2017 as an Audit Senior, after having worked with a Big Four audit firm locally as well as a UK200Group audit firm in England. Maria obtained a Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy and Management at The University of Malta, after which she completed the Master in Accountancy course at the same university. Her dissertation, titled ‘The Wealth Management of Family Businesses and the Family Business Act’ was awarded the best dissertation in law related to accountancy area. Maria went on to publish articles on the subject in The Accountant (published by the Malta Institute of Accountants) and law journal, Id-Dritt.
As part of the Audit team, Maria is responsible for a number of audit jobs of local and foreign SMEs across various sectors. Maria is also an associate member of the Malta Institute of Accountants and forms part of the Young Members Focus Group.
- Master in Accountancy – University of Malta (2016)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy and Management – University of Malta (2014)
- DFK Malta: Audit Senior (2017 to present)
- Ellacotts LLP: Audit and Accounts Assistant (2017)
- Deloitte Malta: Audit Senior (2016)
- Deloitte Malta: Pathway Student (2015)