DFK Malta is looking for a Lawyer to assist its Corporate and Tax Teams. If you consider yourself to be a passionate and hard-working individual, looking to build a career and form part of a boutique firm we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Firm’s clients with the planning and implementation of corporate restructuring exercises;
- Provision of advice in connection with the Memorandum and Articles of Association (and any amendments thereto) and other corporate documents such as resolutions for various clients;
- Assistance in the liquidation process of client companies and providing advice in relation thereto;
- Assisting clients with any succession planning and providing the relevant tax advice in connection thereto;
- Provision of tax and corporate advice in connection with any corporate restructuring exercises – including restructuring exercises having a cross-border element;
- To liaise with the clients’ other service providers (e.g. law firms, auditors, banks), any relevant authority (e.g. MBR and the Tax Department) and the firm’s own internal departments (such as the compliance department, tax department and accounting services department) with regard to corporate matters;
- Ensuring that the firm remains updated of any changes to legislation, particularly in relation to corporate and commercial laws and compliance obligations.
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a University degree in law and hold a warrant to practice law in Malta;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role after having graduated as a lawyer;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Maltese;
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Previous experience in the corporate, commercial, financial services and tax practice areas - in particular a very good knowledge of the statutory documents requested in terms of the Companies Act for corporate restructuring and ongoing obligations in connection with any other relevant legislation (e.g. Share Transfer Agreements, Tax Schedules, Form T, Form Ks, BO Forms) will be considered an asset;
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Office applications;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently and on one’s own initiative;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of the organisation and the ability to establish positive relationships with clients and work colleagues alike;
- Ability to work in a team with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get a job done to a high standard and the ability to meet deadlines.
What DFK Malta provides:
- Competitive remuneration, depending on work experience and qualifications;
- Exposure to both local and international clients pertaining to a wide spectrum of industries;
- Professional and personal development, including on-the-job training;
- Opportunities for career advancement;
- Flexible working hours and remote working;
- Study leave and performance bonus;
- Young and dynamic environment.
Fill in the form below and if you’re the right candidate our HR team will be in touch within 2 working days